- Head Dress by Amazing Baby – Just heard this on the radio, great song.
- Great DJ by The Ting Tings – Now running on Slumdog Millionaire commercials
- Wishing Well by Terence Trent D’Arby – Family Guy had a gag featuring this song and couldn’t help but get hooked.
- Blue Jean by David Bowie – Great song and I love the music video. Bowie is so cool
- Just Like Honey by Jesus and Mary Chain
- Where did our love by Soft Cell – I think this cover was originally only released with Tainted Love, but for my money, its a better song
Some friend’s of mine have just launched the sale of their documentary ‘From the Mouthpiece on Back’ which is about the New Orlean’s brass band TBC and their lives after Katrina – The Roots make an appearance as well. Check it out at their website – if you buy it, use the coupon “GOTBC” and you’ll get 20% off.
Here is the trailer:
- Time to pretend by MGMT – Great song.
- Icky Thump by The White Stripes
- Paper Planes by M.I.A. – Saw this on the Pineapple Express trailer when I went to see Forgetting Sarah Marshall and thought the song was perfect. Funny story, Tom Hanks and his wife were sitting behind me and were laughing hysterically throughout the movie!
- Straight to Hell by The Clash – Paper Planes samples this song.
I remember the first time I listened to Pour Some Sugar on Me, as usual my music tastes were 10 years behind the times and it was late 90s. I quickly became a huge Def Leppard fan as I discovered their numerous hits. Well today I just got wind of two pieces of great news, first it look like Def Leppard is coming to Guitar Hero! Secondly, they will be having an outdoor concertfor the Jimmy Kimmel show. Oh, by the way, I don’t care what you think about them.
Def Leppard, Good stuff.
- Ride A White Swan by T. Rex – My knowledge of T. Rex’s music was limited to ‘Bang a gong’ and ’20th Century boy’ but since hearing this song I have a whole new appreciation.
- You make my dreams come true by Hall & Oates – Just saw this on a trailer for a Will Farrel movie. For my money Oates has one of the best mustaches ever.