- Head Dress by Amazing Baby – Just heard this on the radio, great song.
- Great DJ by The Ting Tings – Now running on Slumdog Millionaire commercials
- Wishing Well by Terence Trent D’Arby – Family Guy had a gag featuring this song and couldn’t help but get hooked.
- Blue Jean by David Bowie – Great song and I love the music video. Bowie is so cool
- Just Like Honey by Jesus and Mary Chain
- Where did our love by Soft Cell – I think this cover was originally only released with Tainted Love, but for my money, its a better song
- Time to pretend by MGMT – Great song.
- Icky Thump by The White Stripes
- Ride A White Swan by T. Rex – My knowledge of T. Rex’s music was limited to ‘Bang a gong’ and ’20th Century boy’ but since hearing this song I have a whole new appreciation.
- You make my dreams come true by Hall & Oates – Just saw this on a trailer for a Will Farrel movie. For my money Oates has one of the best mustaches ever.
- Vart tog den söta lilla flickan vägen by JustD – Swedish rap. First heard this song from some Scandi friends while I was at school abroad. Was going through my mp3s the other day and stumbled upon it – it’s quite catchy!
- I want your sex by George Michael – I really should stop admitting to listening to this kind of music
I consider myself pretty anti-boyband, but I’ve been listening to the mid 90s British boy East 17 since a friend sent me some links…. apparently boybands were more acceptable in England…. so that makes it ok.
- Deep by East 17 – Believe it or not these guys were actually taken seriously and considered pretty “street” in England, by North American standards it almost looks like a parody… still the song catchy
- Stay another day by East 17 – Cheesy but catchy
- Heater by Samim – Saw this video the other night and can’t get it out of my head
- Ya Rayah by Rachid Taha – an old North African favorite
- Aicha by Cheb Khaled – North African also?