- Heater by Samim – Saw this video the other night and can’t get it out of my head
- Ya Rayah by Rachid Taha – an old North African favorite
- Aicha by Cheb Khaled – North African also?
The Globe and Mail has an article on the subprime crisis and how Greenspan blames it on the securitization of home loans rather than the poor credit quality of these loans. The problem being that the Rating Agencies didn’t rate these securitized assets appropriately and then when things started going bad, were very slow to react.
I actually almost joined the Fixed Income Securitization team at Citigroup over a year ago but turned down the offer as I decided to get out of banking entirely. Probably was a good decision regardless in the short run.
- Street Fighting Man by The Rolling Stones – The Stone’s answer to the Beatle’s Revolution
- Bright Eyes by Art Garfunkel – Saw this on the BBC’s list of most annoying songs, now I cant get it out of my eyes. It also apart of the soundtrack for the cartoon movie “Watership Down” which is the most disturbing children’s movie ever. I remember having nightmares as a kid, what kind of children’s movie has the death of so many rabbits?? Also they all have creepy big black eyes…